Do I Need My Ducts Cleaned? 9 Ways to Know
Here are nine quick ways to assess your home and your family and determine if you could benefit from duct cleaning today:
- You have occupants with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount indoor contaminants found in your home’s HVAC system.
- You have occupants with pets or other animals (pet/animal dander)
- You have occupants that smoke
- You have occupants that have done any renovations (sawdust from new hardwood floors, drywall dust from sanding etc)
- There is an abundance of occupants living in the home (dead skin cells, hairs etc)
- There is an overabundance of mature trees and weeds (pollen, dead insects etc) surrounding or close to the home
- There are cold returns on the floor instead of the wall (it’s easier for dirt/debris to enter into grilles that you walk on)
- You are a new home owner (construction debris etc)
- In your home’s history, there has never been any duct cleaning performed before
Remember, the HVAC system are the lungs of your home. They supply air and then return air back into your environment. It’s important to keep these pathways clean, otherwise whatever may be in there are bound to be recycled back into your living space.
SELF INSPECTION TIP: