DUCTLESS HEATING & COOLING
(also known as a DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT, DUCTLESS HEAT PUMP or DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT HEAT PUMP)
A ductless heat pump or air conditioner typically consists of a wall-mounted indoor unit combined with an outside compressor. It’s most often used in a situation where a window AC unit or baseboard heating would be considered, such as a new addition to a house or a sunroom. NOTE: a heat pump is capable of both heating and cooling for your home.
- Cut your heating costs in half! Because heat pumps transfer heat instead of generate heat, ENERGY STAR certified ductless mini-split heat pumps use 60% less energy than standard homes with conventional electric resistance-based heating systems
- Cut cooling costs by 30% compared to conventional room air conditioners – ENERGY STAR certified ductless mini-split heat pumps use advanced technology compressors and fans that can adjust speeds to save energy
- Different climates in each room – each indoor unit can provide custom heating and cooling – adjustable through wall consoles, remote controls and smart phone apps
- No bulky ductwork! Inside units attached to your wall connect to an outside unit using small refrigerant lines
WHEN WOULD YOU CONSIDER A DUCTLESS HEATING & COOLING SOLUTION?
Typically, a ductless heat pump would be considered when there is no ductwork available to distribute conditioned air. Houses with radiant heating solutions only (but want cooling in the summer), additions, cottages, sunrooms or lofts etc.
Consider upgrading to ductless mini-split heat pump in these situations:
- In homes with costly electric heating and cooling (e.g. baseboard; electric radiant, furnace)
- Older homes with no ductwork
- Homes with expensive central heating due to high fuel costs
- You have rooms that are not regularly occupied
- Spaces next to unconditioned spaces where ductwork would be exposed (e.g. above a garage)
- Additions or outbuildings where extending ductwork is not feasible (e.g. shed, barn, garage)
These wall-mounted heating and cooling units are air-source heat pumps, which draw heat from the outside air during cold weather, and push heat outside during the summer cooling season.
An indoor unit connects to an outdoor unit using small refrigerant lines. Only a three-inch hole in an outdoor wall is needed for installation. Up to 8 indoor units can be attached to one outdoor unit.
For more information on a DUCTLESS HEAT PUMP for HEATING & COOLING, please give us a call at 416-668-4607 or email email@example.com.